As LGBTQ equality advances across the nation, there are still significant gaps in the rights of LGBT individuals and their families. LGBTQ families are diverse and often require additional resources and support. We hope that the resources listed below will be helpful for you and your family.
Community Resources for LGBTQ Children and Parents
- Attic Youth Center – A safe and interactive community for LGBTQ youth (ages 13-23) to develop into healthy, independent, civic-minded adults. Offers free counseling and groups. 255 S 16th St, Philadelphia PA 19102. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 545-4331.
- CHOP Gender Clinic – A multidisciplinary program that provides gender affirming care, support groups, and advocacy”
- Modern Military Association of America – for the LGBTQ military and veteran community
- PFLAG – The Philadelphia chapter meets the third Sunday of every month and is located at 3907 Spruce St, Philadelphia PA. Visit their website to become a member.
- HRC Resource – Promising Practices for Transgender & Non-Binary Foster and Adoptive Parents Guide
- City of Philadelphia Parenting Support Services – free parenting education and support groups help parents improve parenting skills and relationships with their children.
- Philadelphia Family Pride – a non-profit organization for LGBTQ families in the Philadelphia region.
- Philadelphia Midwife Collective – a community of practitioners who participate in anti-bias and LGBT/Queer competency training, as well as provide affordable primary and reproductive health care services.
- Refuge Midwifery – midwifery practice. Their midwifery care includes normal fertility, pregnancy and birth, and their services span the childbearing from conception support and home IUI to prenatal care, home birth, water birth, postpartum care, lactation support and well newborn care.
- RMA of Philadelphia, Reproductive Medicine Clinics – fertility services with a specialization in LGBTQ family building options.
Legal Resources for LGBTQ Children and Parents
- Women’s Law Project – provides free information and guidance on issues like family planning, public benefits, immigration, discrimination and family law.
- Pennsylvania LGBTQ Family Law: A Resource Guide for LGBTQ-Headed Families living in Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Legal Assistance – provides free civil legal services to low-income individuals and families in Philadelphia.
- Community Legal Services – provides free legal assistance to low-income individuals and families in Philadelphia.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights – Guide on the Legal Recognition of LGBT Families
- Jerner Law Group
- Mazzoni Center
- Fellheimer & Eichen LLP
- Giampolo Law Group