Our community and professional training program provides a year-long series of workshops, conferences, webinars, and symposiums on health topics that impact our most vulnerable communities. Such programming would include our AIDS Education Month series of events and the HIV/AIDS Prevention and Education Summit.
The Community Health Training Alliance is a community and professional training program that offers a year-long series of public workshops, conferences, webinars, and symposiums on health topics that impact our most vulnerable communities.
Through alliances with other organizations and groups, we convene speakers from diverse backgrounds with a priority on elevating the expertise of those with lived experience from around the region on a wide range of topics including the opioid epidemic, hepatitis C, trauma-informed care, sex work, housing and homelessness, mass incarceration, and more.
The HIV Prevention & Education Summit is quickly approaching! This year we are featuring the following:
- The Research Lab: This interactive experience will allow you to see, touch and experience the world of research in person.
- Youth Central: This portion of the summit is specifically for youth ages 13-18. Sex Health Education, Scavenger Hunts, Prizes, Entertainment, Food, & Fun!
- The Philadelphia Story: The People Moving towards an HIV Cure Movie Launch: This red carpet premiere debut will captivate you as you will have the opportunity to learn about what’s happening with Cure Research and get to meet the individuals being featured in the movie for a live panel discussion of the movie.
- Go Beyond Diversity & Inclusion: All the way from South Carolina, Speaking Down Barriers is a group of dynamic professionals who will be in attendance to provide professional development training specific to the communal exploration of the personal, interpersonal, and structural aspects of human difference, encouraging individuals to understand themselves in a deeper way as it relates to our collective history, our fears, and our biases.
- Prevention Access: Bruce Richman’s Team of U=U Educators will be present to teach about U=U and the Movement!