We would love to hear from you! We are looking for individuals and or professionals (i.e. case manager, social worker, medical provider, faith leader, community outreach specialist, prevention specialist, city employee, researcher, health educator, D&A counselor, therapist, correctional staff member, school nurse, persons with lived experience, etc.) with expertise and or lived experience to share their knowledge and resources on various public health issues that impact our communities via a webinar.
Such public health issues can include, but not limited to:
- HIV/AIDS Prevention and Treatment;
- Cure Research;
- The Opiate Crisis and Treatment;
- Health Care Reform;
- Cancer Awareness and Treatment;
- Mental Health in Adults and Children;
- Domestic Violence;
- Substance Abuse and Treatment;
- Health Care Disparities;
- Incarceration and Health Care;
- LGBTQI Inequalities and Health Care;
- Women’s and Men’s Health;
- Youth Health and many others.
The Community Health Training Alliance convenes webinar presenters from diverse backgrounds through our alliances and partnerships with partnering organizations. The purpose of our webinar series is to highlight emerging and relevant public health issues both locally and nationally to evoke change and impart new knowledge on vital public health matters.
- Webinars are open to the general public and are free. The audience typically consists of the general public, consumers, professionals, and administrators.Webinars are offered on a bi-weekly basis each month on a Friday afternoon from12pm-130pm (90 min presentation). If needed, we are flexible with time changes for Friday webinar presentations.
- Our webinars are facilitated via the Zoom Video Conferencing service. Zoom is a free, web-based conferencing tool that allows users to meet online remotely and or by telephone. Zoom is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, allowing users to virtually connect from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Webinar presenters will be offered a small honorarium for their time and expertise
- Professionals seeking CEU credits will be asked to pay a small fee of $25.
- CEU Credits will be offered for webinars.
If this sounds like something you are interested in being a part of, we invite you to submit your webinar proposal for consideration to be a part our 2019 webinar series!