Here at Philadelphia FIGHT Pediatrics we support all parents and we want to help you achieve your breastfeeding/chestfeeding goals! We believe human milk is the best first food for all babies. We also know there can be challenges along the way, we want to help! We would be happy to see you and your baby for an appointment. One unique aspect of our practice is that our lactation consultant, Lisa Knoflicek, MD, IBCLC,is also pediatrician! Below are some additional resources and links to helpful information. You are not alone and we want to help you feed your baby!
A general website for information on breastfeeding and listing of WIC offices with support in Philadelphia.
- cap4kids.org – Breastfeeding Resource Directory
- cap4kids.org – Breastfeeding Resources
cap4kids is a great website for pediatrics in general and has helpful information about breastfeeding in general and also a listing of local breastfeeding support groups.
- Women’sHealth.gov – Breastfeeding
Lots of great links and articles about breastfeeding, pumping, challenges and other tips.
- KellyMom.com – Breastfeeding
General breastfeeding information with lots of helpful articles.
- HealthyChildren.org – Breastfeeding
Website from the AAP for parents with general breastfeeding information.
- UNICEF.org – Breastfeeding
Good overview of breastfeeding with great pictures of different positions to feed.
- Allbodies.com – Breastfeeding and Chestfeeding ResourcesGreat information for anyone, especially for LGBTQ+ nursing parents
Other free support groups in Philadelphia
- Support group to meet up with other breastfeeding moms
- Gather information and free supplies
- See next meeting date (click here)
- Location: Lucien E. Blackwell West Philadelphia Regional Library (125 South 52nd Street, Philadelphia PA 19139)
- Contact: Dr. Meg Kawan (firstname.lastname@example.org) , Jabina Coleman, LSW, IBCLC (email@example.com)
- Support group for breastfeeding moms and their kids
- Professional support from Cara Puff, IBCLC
- 10 am – 12 pm every other Wednesday
- Locations: Studio 34 in West Philadelphia (4522 Baltimore Ave) and the Bok Building in South Philly (1901 S 9th St, Space 519)
- Support includes – classes, discussion groups, lactation consultants
- Sale of new parent products, maternity products, and breastfeeding products
- Breastfeeding support meetings are facilitated by a lactation consultant and are held Mondays at 12:30
- Location: 700 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Contact: 215-829-5046
- Meetings are twice a month
- For dates and times, call 215-662-2361
- Location: 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Weekly breastfeeding support group
- See schedule here
- Location: 2029 Frankford Avenue Philadelphia PA 19125
- Contact: 215-891-1875 Minnowlanephilly@gmail.com
- Group for support, information and education
- First Friday of the month (next class is May 3, 2019)
- Location: 3060 W Jefferson Street, Philadelphia PA, 19121
- Contact: 215-645-2196
Although we recommend that babies sleep in a crib or bassinet, some nursing parents choose to co-sleep because of the benefits it has for breastfeeding/chestfeeding. For these families, there are a number of actions that can reduce the risks of co-sleeping for their child. This is a wonderful video that summarizes the safety tips: https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/safer-sleep-advice/co-sleeping