There are 3 types of CEU credits that CHTA offers:
- LSW/LCSW (Licensed Social Worker/Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist)
- RN/CRNP (Registered Nurse / Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner)
Social Work (SW)
SW credits are generally required by licensed social workers to maintain their licensure. Only social workers with a SW license can receive CEU towards their license credentialing.
Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES®) are those who have met the standards of competence established by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing Inc. (NCHEC) and have successfully passed the CHES® examination.
Health Education Specialists are professionals who design, conduct and evaluate activities that help improve the health of all people. These activities can take place in a variety of settings that include schools, communities, health care facilities, businesses, universities and government agencies.
Health Education Specialists are employed under a range of job titles such as patient educators, health education teachers, health coaches, community organizers, public health educators, and health program managers.
CEUS or Continuing Education Units are also known as Continuing Education Credits. They reflect the time spent participating in educational courses or approved activities. One CEU is equal to 10 hours of instruction. The hours of instruction are called ‘contact hours’. Contact hours refer to the stated amount of time an individual is present during a course. One contact hour can equal 50-60 minutes of class time depending on the state.
The following CEU activities that meet the requirements of §21.133 (relating to continuing education content) for RNs are approved:
- Activities sponsored by a Board-approved professional nursing or CRNP education program
- Activities sponsored by an accredited professional nursing, CRNP, Certified Registered Nurse
- Anesthetist, Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Midwifery education program
- Activities sponsored by accredited hospitals and health care facilities
- Activities sponsored by hospitals and health care facilities licensed by the Department of Health or the Department of Public Welfare
- Activities sponsored by regionally accredited institutions of higher education
- Activities sponsored by National nursing, medical, osteopathic and other health care professional organizations and their state and regional affiliates
- Activities sponsored by National trade organizations, associations and their affiliated groups and state and regional affiliates
- Activities approved by National nursing, risk management, health care quality and patient safety organizations
- Activities sponsored by Federal and state agencies
- Activities approved by a Board in another jurisdiction
All of our educational programming is free to attend. However, if you have paid to receive CEU credits, a refund will be provided if you cancel within 24 hours of scheduled event. Refund payment will be issued in the form of our company check. If you do not cancel within 24hrs of scheduled event, your refund will be forfeited.
If you need to cancel, please call 215-985-4448 ext: or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificates and Transcripts
CHTA is responsible to maintain all records of attendance and certificates awarded for all educational programming rendered. To request your CEU transcript or duplicate certificates transcripts or duplicate certificates, complete the “Duplicate Certificate/ Transcript Request Form” in its entirety. There is a $5 fee for duplicate certificates. For more information contact Kyle Chvasta at email@example.com or 215-985-4444 x240.
If you have lost your CEU certificate, we can provide a duplicate for a $5 fee. This request can be completed online by completing the “Duplicate Certificate/ Transcript Request Form” in its entirety. Records of attendance and certificates awarded are maintained for all educational programming rendered by CHTA. For assistance with this, contact Kyle Chvasta at 215-985-4444 x240.
CEU certificates will be distributed via email upon the end of your training and completion of webinar evaluation.
Yes, online payment is available for webinars, trainings, and conferences. Your online payment will appear on your credit card statement as “Philadelphia FIGHT”.
Cash payments are NOT accepted.
You can pay by personal check, company check, or money order. All checks and/or money orders are to be paid to “Philadelphia FIGHT”. Memo on the check or money order should state: “CHTA CEU’s”. Otherwise, your check and/or money will be returned.
Download the registration form, fill it out, and mail it in with your payment to:
Attn: Community Health Training Alliance / Dr. Tashina Reeder-Okorie
1233 Locust St. 3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Click the REGISTER & PAY button which will open to the registration information form. If you pay online, you will first register for the course, before selecting payment method. Please fill in the registration form in its entirety before moving to the next step. The next step requires your billing address and the kind of payment being made (i.e. either credit or PayPal). When you complete both of these transactions, you will receive a registration confirmation and a payment receipt via email. We recommend that you save these emails as confirmation of your registration and payment.
Your online payment will appear on your credit card statement as “Philadelphia FIGHT.”
If a payment check bounces, there will be a $35 charge in addition to the $25 CEU payment. This policy is only applicable to payment by check, not payment by money order or online payments.
Have more questions regarding payments. Please contact us!
Dr. Tashina Reeder, Director of the Community Health Training Alliance.
Kyle Chvasta, Public Programs Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: (215) 985-4444