Who’s at risk for colon cancer?
- 1 in 24 Pennsylvanians will develop colorectal (colon) cancer in their lifetime.
- One out of 57 Pennsylvanians will die from colon cancer.
- Colon cancer ranks second in cancer-related deaths in Pennsylvania.
These data were provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The department specifically disclaims responsibility for any analyses, interpretations or conclusions.
Articles & Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: What Should I Know About Screening?
- Cleveland Clinic: How to Prevent Colorectal Cancer
- Penn Medicine: Take-At-Home Tests Boost Colorectal Cancer Screening Tenfold for Health Center Serving Minorities
- National Cancer Institute: Why Is Colorectal Cancer Rising Rapidly among Young Adults?
- Fox Chase and Temple Researchers Study Colon Cancer Survival Disparities Using Residential History