Event Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Event Time: 3:00 PM
Location: Room 405
Pleasure, Prevention, and PrEP,” designed exclusively for women and femmes. Is an interactive session, where participants will explore the individual and collective behaviors that may increase the risk of exposure to sexually transmitted infections (STIs) or HIV. Through open discussions and interactive activities, we will delve into strategies and methods of prevention that not only prioritize your sexual health but also enhance your overall pleasure and well-being. Whether you are seeking to enhance your sexual well-being or are interested in empowering others, this workshop is a must-attend event. Join us as we strive to create a world where pleasure, prevention, and PrEP go hand in hand, ensuring safer and more fulfilling intimate encounters for all women and femmes.
- A deeper understanding of the factors that contribute to STI and HIV exposure for women and femmes.
- Insights into the importance of individual and collective responsibility in preventing infections.
- Knowledge of various prevention methods, including the use of PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis).
- Practical tips and resources for maintaining a healthy and pleasurable sexual experience.
- The opportunity to engage in open dialogue, share experiences, and learn from one another in a safe and supportive environment.
Note: This workshop is open to all women and femmes, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Ashley Cobb, your favorite friend in filth, is an Atlanta based sex expert, writer, and HIV activist known for her open and forward-thinking approach to sexual freedom, sexual pleasure and practical sex advice. Ashley is the millennial microphone for women of color seeking sexual liberation and ultimate pleasure. Her work has been featured in top media outlets such as Essence, Huffington Post, Cosmopolitan, and Women’s Health.
As a certified sex educator with a background in public health, Ashley has dedicated her life to bringing Black sexuality to the forefront, and across generations. Currently, she serves as a CDC “Let’s Stop HIV Together” Ambassador and writes for Upscale Magazine, an Atlanta-based magazine about all things sex and relationships.
Add to Calendar Links
Parkway Central Library
Address for Parkway Central Library
1901 Vine Street 4th Floor Conference Rooms
Philadelphia, PA 19103