The Y-HEP Health Center offers an inclusive, trauma-informed, gender affirming approach to healthcare for adolescents and young adults (ages 13-24), providing access to comprehensive primary care, sexual and reproductive health services, integrated behavioral health, PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV), and other relevant social services that aim to address the social determinants of health. The Y-HEP Health Center’s mission is to improve health outcomes and expand access to healthcare for all youth, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay.
As of March 12, 2018, the Y-HEP Health Center moved to its new location at 1207 Chestnut Street, 5th floor. This move will more than double the current clinical space and will place the Y-HEP Health Center in the same building as Philadelphia FIGHT’s new Pediatrics clinic, Dental Clinic, and the John Bell Health Center for adult primary care.
- Physical exams
- Sick and well visits
- On-site Blood-work/Lab testing
- Care for chronic conditions (like asthma or diabetes)
- Referrals to specialists
- Nutritionist Visits
- Mental health screening and referrals
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy
Sexual and Reproductive Health
- STD testing and treatment
- Rapid HIV and Hep C testing
- Birth control, including Nexplanon placement and removal
- Emergency Contraception (Plan B)
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Pelvic exams
- Pap smears and anal HPV screening
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV Prevention
- Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for HIV Prevention
- BenePhilly Counselor (insurance enrollment, food stamps, benefits)
- Behavioral Health Consultant
- Case Management
- Community Health Worker
- PrEP Counselor / PrEP Assistance Program
Y-HEP Youth Health Center Hours
- Mondays: 10am-7pm (Walk-in 1-5pm)
- Tuesday-Thursday: 10am-6pm (Walk-in 1pm-4 pm)
- Fridays: 9am-4pm (Walk-in 9am-11am and 1pm-3pm)
Y-HEP allows same-day scheduling as well as walk-ins for sick visits, while those who are able to adhere to appointments are encouraged to do so.
If you are a patient of the Y-HEP Health Center and have an urgent medical question that cannot wait until the next business day, you can reach our after-hours line by calling 215-344-1632.