Opportunity Type: Job
FIGHT Program: Institute for Community Justice
Philadelphia FIGHT’s C a Difference is a comprehensive hepatitis C (HCV) testing and linkage-to-care program at Philadelphia FIGHT housed at the John Bell Health Center. The Institute for Community Justice (ICJ) works with people returning to the community from prison or jail. We are a Community Center for individuals impacted by imprisonment, and our programs include a re-entry center, local in-jail support services, educational programming, and comprehensive re-entry support.
The Prison Linkage Specialist is to respond to hepatitis C referrals from the Philadelphia Department of Prisons and support a case load of clients diagnosed with HCV. Responsibilities include discharge planning with an emphasis on HCV continuity of care and linkage and retention to care in the community. The Prison Linkage Specialist represents Philadelphia FIGHT both on site and in the community in a courteous, efficient manner that reflects the high level of integrity and customer service mandated by Philadelphia FIGHTJob Responsibilities
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond to referrals, which are filtered through the Prison Linkages Program Manager, and arrange to visit incarcerated individuals to make linkage with HCV related services and medical care upon release.
- Upon contact with client, perform psychosocial assessment. Develop action plan to address client’s needs and barriers to meeting those needs.
- Ensure appropriate access to medical, mental health and other services during a client’s incarceration, coordinating with case managers and prison medical and mental health providers to meet clients’ needs.
- Develop discharge plan for incarcerated clients, ensuring their linkage to medical care and case management services and other services and resources as appropriate.
- Coordinate discharge plan with other social service agencies, Public Defenders’ Office, the Adult Probation and Parole Office and the courts as necessary.
- Record Keeping
- Maintain files for individual clients that meet standards required by program funders.
- Maintain accurate record keeping according to program standards, and maintain internal recordkeeping as developed by ICJ.
- Enter data into RedCAP HCV linkage database
- Attend applicable case conference meetings with case management and linkages staff.
- Meet weekly with Prison Linkages Program Manager for supervision and case review.
- Attend monthly Linkage Team Meeting.
- Attend weekly ICJ all staff meeting and weekly C a Difference staff meeting.
- Attend all pertinent meetings with the Philadelphia Department of Prisons team, and serve as a liaison between the Philadelphia FIGHT Viral Hepatitis team and the Philadelphia Department of Prison Hepatitis team.
- Support the efforts of AIDS Education Month, and Prison Summit including but not limited to attending meetings, developing content and volunteering at AEM and Prison Summit events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years related experience preferred.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
Experience working with diverse, underserved, and stigmatized populations.
Knowledgeable of local resources and services.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and essential office computer applications.
Sensitive to cultural, economic, gender, and sexual orientation differences.
Proficiency in English.
Demonstrated experience working with high-risk populations; excellent communications, interpersonal skills and collaborative skills; ability to work effectively in a collaborative team setting; flexible, self-motivated, organized, able to work well under pressure; dedicated to social justice; computer literacy required.
Occasional lifting of 10-20 lbs. and pushing of 5-20 lbs.
Sitting approximately 80% of the time
Normal accessibility and mobility required
Ability to work at a computer screen for long periods of time
The Prison Linkage Specialist will spend 3-4 days inside the jails and 1-2 days in the office.
FIGHT is an EEO, Affirmative Action, LGBTQ, and people living with HIV/AIDS and protected veterans institutionApply for This Job