Opportunity Type: Internship
FIGHT Program: AIDS Library
This position for Health and Resources Intern is ideal for a student looking for experience in medical or legal reference as well as individuals interested in health justice from a variety of disciplines. It supports experience in delivery of information and an understanding of the AIDS pandemic through direct service to those infected and affected. Internships are available on an unpaid, for school credit, basis.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to Ally Richman, Library and Digital Literacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the AIDS Library: The AIDS Library is a small heath library at Philadelphia’s largest AIDS Service Organization, Philadelphia FIGHT. It serves people living with HIV and at risk, social workers and other providers, activists and the general public. We strive to provide consistent, high quality information and referral services to our community.
HoursSchedule to be determined during the hours of Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Prison Health News
Online and Print Publications
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team with diverse populations.
- Excellent reading, communication and reasoning skills; detailed oriented.
- Experience in MS Office 2010 applications, esp Excel, and strong internet search skills.
- Background knowledge of LGBTQ issues, mass incarceration, HIV/AIDS.
- Background knowledge of barriers to reentry to formerly incarcerated people.