Opportunity Type: Job
Reports to: Chief Learning Officer
Philadelphia FIGHT is an AIDS Service Organization that recently became a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). Our goal is to end the AIDS epidemic within the lifetime of people living with HIV now. This position is in FIGHT’s Department of Education and Training, which offers a wide range of educational, psychosocial, and risk-reduction programming for youth and adults living with HIV and those at high risk.
This position oversees a suite of public programs, workshops, conferences, webinars, and symposiums on health topics and related issues that impact our most vulnerable communities. This position is responsible for coordinating our year-long series of programming for the community at-large including our AIDS Education Month events which includes but is not limited to, our highly unique summits; End AIDS: The HIV Prevention and Outreach Summit, and the Prison Healthcare and Reentry Summit. This position is also responsible for convening speakers and creating training programs throughout the year for professionals and community members on a range of critical topics such as the Opioid Epidemic, HIV and Aging, Trauma-informed care, trans-sensitivity training, and other topics that emerge as necessary.
HoursM-F 9:00 to 5:00, occasional evenings, weekends, and late nights.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and develop public educational programs on topics of interest to the community throughout the year including our seminal events and conferences during AIDS Education Month
- Host a webinar series yearly highlighting important topics that are not addressed elsewhere.
- Collaborate on symposiums and events with partners in the field or medical providers
- Convene a wide-range of community members on various committees to develop workshops and put on the major events for AIDS Education Month.
- Support the development of program content for AEM conferences, including reaching out to speakers, designing workshops, overseeing the workshop selection process, and scheduling workshops.
- Oversee the selection of location, space, room plans, technology needs, and contracts for all events.
- Oversee onsite logistics for all events e.g. event setup, registration, keynote speakers, and breakdown.
- Evaluate existing programs and develop new programs as the need or opportunity arises.
- Supervise one Public Programs Associate and interns as needed.
- Develop communications and marketing materials, including but not limited to e-communications, collateral materials (e.g. pens, t-shirts, and bags), and programs
- Ensure that proper records of activities are kept and maintained, e.g. minutes and sign-in sheets are recorded
- Develop annual budget in conjunction with the Finance Department and track expenditures
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator, the Development Team, and the Outreach team throughout to ensure all necessary components of AEM and other programs are in place.
- Provide training to FIGHT staff or community members on areas of expertise
- Assists staff in determining volunteer needs and placing interns and volunteers.
- Attends AIDS Education Month meetings and cross-departmental FIGHT meetings as needed.
- Collaborate with other agencies in local events, meetings, and programs that are related to job duties.
- Attend all required trainings.
- Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Public Health, Social Work or related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience designing and running training programs and events
- A minimum of 2 years working with vulnerable and marginalized populations
- Excellent writing and deductive reasoning skills
- Excellent communications, interpersonal skills and collaborative skills
- Flexible, self-motivated, organized, able to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy required
- Ability to travel to locations around the city.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Occasional travel to locations around the city.
- Late night, evening, and weekend hours required at times in a variety of locations.
Competitive, benefits included.
Initial probationary period is three months.
FIGHT is an EEO, Affirmative Action, LGBTQ, and people living with HIV/AIDS and protected veterans institutionApply for This Job